Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stepping It Up A Notch, or 15

After being very successful with the black-light and the projection of the model, I decided to try to reconstruct the same concepts of that large machine into a smaller hand held, mobile machine.  Although darkness is required to project the image, I found out that the model does not have to be in darkness but the interiors of the machine including the lens and mirrors, have to be in the dark.  Therefore, I was able to utilize the camera lens once again to capture the light and image of the model.  I then attempted to bend the light within the machine to project the image elsewhere.  Unfortunately, there is not enough light to make it past one mirror.  I then decided to utilize a series of mirrors and prisms at different angles projecting the image of the model onto the same screen.  this enables one to see many different views of the model on the scree at one time.

Furthermore, in order to look at my model through a machine and see nothing, I decided to first define nothing as the absence of color and the absence of form.  To see an absence of color is to see white and to see an absence of form is to see the undefined.  To do this I utilize mirrors that together form a triangle that slowly decreases in size from one end to the other.  I then inserted three more mirrors coming to a point within the other three triangle mirrors.  This new series of three mirrors distorts the original distortion while blocking some of the image of the model from ones view while allowing the light through.  This however left some of the image of the model visible, so I inserted another three triangle mirrors at the smaller end to block the rest of the image from the viewer while still allowing the light through to reflect and become nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment