Friday, September 17, 2010

Phase 1 Complete, Phase 2 Begins

As I finished my analysis of the paint, I realized just how many different ways there are to look at cubist paintings seeing as the other person analyzing the same painting had some similarities in his models but also some large differences.  For example, his violin was going in the opposite direction of mine.  Although neither is theoreticaly correct, I do believe his makes more sense seeing as the head of the violin most often considered the smallest part of the violin was actually the largest.  I feel that this size difference suggests the painter was trying to emphasize the perspective as he does in many other areas of the painting.  Overall i do feel that I have a good understanding for this cubist painting and now that cubist paintings have more meaning to me, I have more interest in them as well.

Moving on to the next phase of our exploration in cubism, we are to take aspects of a selected Le Corbusier building and essentially create a landscape/architecture out of the painting and those major pieces.  Other than those parameters, we are completely free to do anything we want.  While using aspects of the Millowners Association Building, and regulating lines as well as the pure geometric shapes from the painting, I begun my landscape exploration.  I pulled pieces up dropped pieces down and angled and solidified them all.  This leaves a uniform surface but the different surface levels and angles create unique spaces that draw one through the landscape creating an experience rather than just a pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment