Monday, September 27, 2010

Blacklight Reflection and Projection

In an attempt to project my model I built a oval box that is dark on the interior.  I then placed my model inside and mounted a black light on the top and put a dark cloth over it.  While in a dark environment, the blacklight reflects light off of the white landscape of the model.  This light is then collected through a camera lens and projected outward towards a mirror which intern directs the light in any direction one desires.  As long as the directed light hits a white surface, the model is visible.  I am having difficulty focusing the image but it is there yet it is blurry.  However, if I used a fogged piece of plexi, I can focus the image and see details on the model.  I am hoping I can get the larger image to focus on a wall though by utilizing different mirror position and angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment