Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Negative Harvard




While mapping out the Harvard campus concentrating on my particular site and immediate surrounding area, I chose to utilize an abstract representation to portray my ideas.  Essentially, all that was solid became void extruded downward and all that was void became solid extruded upward.  I incorporated this idea with all buildings and the landscape which created a very interesting series of spaces.  I further wanted to portray views outward from the site view key areas of the campus such as the carpenter center.  To do this I extruded the view downward cutting into the landscape exposing the the forms that would be seen in that view.  I am currently in the process of completeing the circulation which is to be represented as a solid space represented with plexiglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment