Sunday, December 5, 2010

final model so far

Model Progression:
I started the site context by making a mold and pouring it out of plaster my thoughts on this were to continue my exploration of materials that i have come across during this semester.  Further more, I believe that the steel model of my building will look great against the pure white site.  I also began building my steel model by cutting out the floors and walls utilizing a grinder I "borrowed" from work and an epoxy to hold it all togeather.  So far they have been coming out great although I got kicked out of the wood shop and am forced to work outside.  Aa far as the model goes though, the majority of it I think will be steel and I have some aluminum mesh that I am thinking of using on for some of the walls as well as some plexi.  I am also considering the use of copper for the roof as well as some copper mesh for parts of the roof that would allow light in. I am unsure though if it would be too much material change and i should just keep it monochrome but i figure ill see how it looks.  Also one question is do we also have to build that smaller 3/32" site model?  I found that to be ab ishy requirement from talking to others in the group.







2 comments:

  1. the material question really should be decided once you build it (as we saw, those models had many materials but yet with character of the "same family," so to speak). as to the site model. yes. however the scale is 1/32 (rather than 3/32...). so, pass the word around ... in case people are ish-y about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I couldn't see the videos. bad internet here in Firenze

    ReplyDelete